I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Wheels On The Bus


Today my oldest son was dropped off at summer school.  He was so excited he couldn't wait to get out of the house this morning.  He kept asking every two minutes when it was we were going to leave.  I have to admit it drove me a little nuts this morning.  We got to school and ran into one of his friends from church.  It made me feel better that he had someone there to show him around.

It wasn't until we drove home that I felt torn and a little sad.  It's an exciting time in his life.  A new adventure waiting to unfold.  All I could do is leave him in God's hands and ask God to watch over him.   It's hard to let him go, but I know my son will do well.

I walked back into an empty house that was quiet.  Really quiet.  My son is a talker and sometimes talks non-stop without taking a breath.  Even my youngest fell asleep on the way home so I couldn't talk to him.  All I can do now is anticipate when we go pick him up and listen to him tell us his stories for today.  I look forward to seeing him later today. 

No comments: