I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Bible Quest-Money Continued

"A man is usually more careful of his money than he is of his principles."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


"Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants. "
Benjamin Franklin

Read
"I know of nothing more despicable and pathetic than a man who devotes all the hours of the waking day to the making of money for money's sake. "
John D. Rockefeller

"What white man can say I never stole his land or a penny of his money? Yet they say that I am a thief."
Sitting Bull
"I'm hopeless with money; I simply spend what I've got. "
As you can see, there are many quotes on money that people have said over the years.  Some of the names that said them I recognize and some I don't.  Even the word money is mentioned 140 times out of 123 verses in the KJV Bible.  While some knew the value of money, others never did learn the value.  The one verse that sums it up is found in the Bible.
I Timothy 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil:
which while some coveted after,
they have erred from the faith,
and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Question 6.) Who offered Delilah silver to find out the secret of Samson's strength?
       -      See: Judges 16:5


Question 7.) According to Luke, the price of five sparrows was:
       -       See: Luke 12:6


Question 8.) For how much was Joseph sold to the Ishmeelites?
       -       See: Genesis 37:28


Question 9.) As Jesus watched, how much money did the poor widow throw into the treasury?
       -       See: Mark 12:41-42


Question 10.) What prophet's sons were greedy, and took bribes?
       -       See: 1 Samuel 8:1-3

No comments: