I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Psalm 100

Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.  
Serve the LORD with gladness:
come before his presence with singing. 
Know ye that the LORD he [is] God:
[it is] he [that] hath made us, and not we ourselves;
[we are] his people,
and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
[and] into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him, [and] bless his name.
For the LORD [is] good;
his mercy [is] everlasting;
and his truth [endureth] to all generations.

What is worship? (def found by clicking on link)
1. To adore; to pay divine honors to; to reverence with supreme respect and veneration.

What does worship mean to you?
Is it going to church.
Singing songs.
Listening to a message?
Reading my Bible?
Does it change my heart?
Is it mere repetition.
A Religion?
Does it mean anything to me?

Have I stopped to think what worship should be to me? 
Am I missing something? 
Am I doing what I should be doing?
What are the elements of worship I need to think about?

If you read Psalm 100 carefully you can see 7 elements of worship:

Shout joyfully
Serve the Lord with gladness
Come before him with singing
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving
Enter His courts with praise
Be thankful to Him
Bless His Name

We should praise Him because of who He is?

He is our...
Lord
God
Creator
Owner
Shepherd

We should praise Him because of His attributes:

He is good
His mercy is everlasting
His truth endures to all generations

I have to confess, my focus to worshiping God slips.
I forget to be joyful when the kids don't cooperate.
I become thankful for just getting to church on time.
I forget that God created me for a purpose.
I forget that He loves me when I feel unloved.
I forget to Praise Him and Him alone for forgiving me of my sins.
I forget to serve Him with gladness.

I am thankful that no matter how many times I forget....
He never forgets me...
He never stops loving me.

No comments: