I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Jealousy Part II

In our Christian walk, we are to love one another.  We need to get our eyes off of "us" and look around us.  We can guard against covetousness by focusing on the needs of others.  But then, after a while we look around us and think, "Hey!  What about me?  How do I know my needs will be taken care of?"  If we're spending so much time being self-sacrificing, won't people just walk all over us?  Won't we be taken for granted?  No one else in the house seems to be grateful that the toilet paper rolls are changed, the clean socks magically appear in the dresser drawers, or the dishes are put away.  Who else empties the trash, or puts new bags in the trashcans?  When we start to think this way, realize something...  Everyone feels this way.  We all believe our efforts go unnoticed.  Then we need to pray, "Lord, give me a servant's heart.  I want to be like you.  I know you see, even when no one else sees!"

6.  You have to love Martha!  She voiced the feelings we all have in our hearts at one time or another.  "Hey!  What about me?"  What does she say to Jesus in Luke 10:40?  __________

7.  The she asks, "Hey!  What about her?"  Who asks that question in John 21:21, and how does Jesus wisely answer it in verse 22?  __________

8.  We should never allow jealousy to cause our eyes to wander from the task God has set before us.  We each must answer for ourselves before the Lord.  What does Paul say about this in I Corinthians 3:8?  __________

9.  Let's not compare or covet or set up a walk of "It's not fair!"  You will be rewarded according to your own labor.  Let's leave the decision about what's fair to the Lord.  What does Paul say in Galatians 6:4-5?  __________

We ten to rank our sins according to how bad we think they are.  To us covetousness is not important.  Let's look at where God ranks it.  "He takes these things quiet seriously.  List other sins he list right along with covetousness:  I Corinthians 5:10-11, I Corinthians 6:10, Ephesians 5:5, I Timothy 3:3

Bible Study given by Denise M at FBC Ladies Bible Study Group

No comments: