I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In Christ Alone


Matthew 7:13, "Enter ye in at the strait gate:
for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way,
that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way,
which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravening wolves. "

I definitely need some motivation today.  My family and I spent at least 9 hours traveling yesterday and it makes for an exhausting next day.  I don't know about you, but music can be very motivating.  It can lift you up or it can bring you down.  It can be used for worship, but also appeal to the flesh.  I need spiritual and physical motivation today.  I feel tired and spent. That is why I chose "In Christ Alone" today to play.  It speaks to my heart and reminds me that there is no other that can meet our needs and our salvation.

I chose the verse above to go with this song.  Many false doctrines out there in this day and age have distracted people from hearing the truth and put an emphasis on self-reliance when we need to rely more on God to full-fill our needs.  Do you purposefully go to the Bible to see if what you believe lines up to your church's doctrine?  Do you go to the Bible for your daily bread?

Today I need the Holy Spirit to guide me.  When I am tired, I find myself the weakest.  I hope you enjoy this song.  It's one of my favorites that was introduced to my by my niece.   Just close your eyes and listen.  Make it a prayer of thankfulness to God.

In Christ alone, my hope is found

He is my light, my strength, my song

This cornerstone, this solid ground

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace

When fears are stilled, when strivings cease

My comforter, my all-in-all

Here in the love of Christ I stand

There in the ground His body lay

Light of the world by darkness slain

Then bursting forth in glorious day

Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory

Sin's curse has lost its grip on me

For I am His and He is mine

Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death

This is the power of Christ in me

From life's first cry to final breath

Jesus commands my destiny


No power of hell, no scheme of man

Can ever pluck me from His hand

Till He returns or calls me home

Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
Till He returns or calls me home

Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

No comments: