I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Porch Planter

I'm trying to get back to doing the things I love doing.  It's not always easy when you have little ones, but honestly, life shouldn't have to stop just because you have kids.  One should be able to enjoy the little pleasures in life.

I have been dreaming about putting something on our front porch for the fall.  I always admire people who have a beautiful porch that says 'welcome' to those who stop by.  So this week I went searching for the perfect set up.  I love Hobby Lobby, but who can pay the price they want.  Plus the quality of those things are not always what I am looking for.  So after a stop there, I decided to go by a flea market to see if I could find something that said, "here I am!"  I don't always get to go browse the antique stores and flea markets, but I did take the time this week.  What I found there was amazing. 




I found a swinging doll bed that was fairly sturdy.  Even though it is not the color I wanted, it was the price I liked, $9.99.  All it will take is a coat of brown paint, and some beautiful flowers from Home Depot and I will have a quaint looking planter for my front porch that is very affordable.

I used to love searching flea markets for good finds to decorate my house.  This has me stoked to find more "deals" even if it does need a little work.

No comments: