I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Instant Lemon Bread

Lemon : fresh lemons with cut and green leaves isolated on white background Stock Photo

I have always enjoyed eating candies that are sweet and sour. 
Makes me think about Lemon Drops. 
A little pop of sweet and a lot of sour. 
Yum.

This week we had to make something for my husband's goody day at work and he pulled this recipe out.  At first I thought, what?  Don't you want to make something else?  But we made it anyway. Then he left me a few pieces.  From the first bite, I remembered very quickly how much I enjoy this recipe!  The other pieces of bread quickly disappeared.  I did however share a few bites with my one year old!

So if you are looking for a recipe that is easy to make, cost effective, etc...  Maybe you just need to take someone a meal but also would like have a dessert for yourself!  You are in luck!  This recipe will make two loaves.  Make one for yourself and one for someone else.  It's easy and quick!  Oh yeah, don't let the poppy seeds scare you.  At first it turned me off, but I actually like them in there!

So for a few dollars, you can have an easy dessert and share part of it with a friend.

Instant Lemon Bread
1 pkg lemon cake mix
1 pkg instant lemon pudding
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
4 eggs
1 tsp poppy seeds

After baking:
1/2 cup sugar
juice of 2 lemons

Beat in eggs one at a time.  Add 1 tsp poppy seeds.  Beat 4-5 minutes.  Bake in two loaf pans at 350F about 40 minutes.  Before removing from pans and while still hot, pour over loaves 1/2 cup sugar mixed with juice of 2 lemons.  (you can also bake in smaller loaf pans and get three  small loaves out of this recipe.)

Enjoy!

No comments: