I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Historic Downtown Charleston

Day 1-Evening

After leaving Folley Beach we decided not to even go back to the hotel.  We figured if we did, we would not get out and enjoy everything we wanted to see.  We were surprised at how easy it was to find our way around, especially with a map of the downtown area.  We were also pleased that it didn't take us as long to get around Charleston.

When we hit the downtown area, we mapped out where we were going to park.  As we were driving around we kept missing our turns, but it ended up that was a good thing as we found the restaurant we would go eat at the next night.  Along side of that, there was a parking garage right by it so we were happy we new how to at least get there the next night.

Once we parked, we found ourselves wandering around downtown, and I took a few photos before it got dark.  The architecture was so beautiful.  I wish I had taken more, but I did not.

We did find a good place to eat that night.  I never tried grits before, but I did try some of my husbands.
It was a Shrimp and Grits plate topped with a Ham Chorizo sauce.  I don't like seafood, but I did try the grits and it was SOOO good.  I'll would love to find a recipe to duplicate it.

After we ate that delicious meal, we did more walking.  A bunch more walking.







Figured out my night vision flash here. 
Thought this was really pretty.





On the Pier they had benches and swings under the
shelter stretching out into the river that connected to the Ocean.
It was a lot of fun sitting on the swing just talking
and watching the boats on the river.




I didn't realize this but Charleston gets a lot of
Cruise ships that dock here everyday.

I think my husband told me that Charleston is the
#6 top spot to visit in the United States.
I absolutely know why now!!

But what good is a trip if you don't ever get a little lost....  As with every time we go somewhere we always loose our way.  It took us a little while to maneuver out of downtown Charleston because every time we thought we could turn one way to make it back to the bridge, we would run into a one way street...  in the other direction!  We ended up north of where we should have been, but we quickly found our way back to the hotel after that!  We never had a problem after that getting lost down town.  At least we got to see some more awesome old buildings in the dark!


Pineapple Fountain at Waterfront Park



Good way to end our Day One!
Just me and my husband!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time!