I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Charleston Adventures

Day 2-
We decided the night before to go ahead and do the Ferry Ride out to Fort Sumter.  The weather was supposed to be in the 70s that day and the following day, rainy and in the 60s during the morning.  I'm so glad we did!

We drove back downtown to Liberty Square to take Spiritline Ferry out to Fort Sumter.  I was a little worried about the boat ride as the last boat ride I had been on, we got sea sick.  I knew that it wouldn't happen with the Ferry ride, but you always wonder.  The ride went smooth and the smell or salt water in the air was invigorating!




The bridge in the background is Arthur Ravenel Bridge.
This was built for a measly half a BILLION dollars.
Pennies if you like....
But it is beautiful!
It is 1 1/2 miles long.





The Ghost Ship above...
More details on a later date.





Charleston is called the Holy City because it made a point to secure religous freedom in this city.
The downtown area is filled with Steeples and old churches are absolutely beautiful!













Fort Sumter was actually built on a sandbar. 
Granite pieces were brought in so they could build
a 3 story fort on this site. 
Only 1 story remains today.


No comments: