I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 3--Charleston

We saved the tour of the Ghost Ship for the last day. 

What is the Ghost Ship? It is the U.S.S. Yorktown ship that was sunk at the battle of Mid-Way.
A second ship was built in order to keep the Japanese from knowing they had sunk the original ship.

The day started out pretty chilly.  The wind was blowing pretty good creating a nice "mist" blowing off the water.  We caught the college sail boats competing on the water just off the side of the ship.  I don't know how they kept from capsizing and we saw several that almost did!


I won't show all my pictures, but I definitely know my husband would not fit on this ship!
He is 6'5" and he had to stoop alot and bump his head walking down the steep steps from level to level.

I can't remember how many was on the ship.  Maybe around 3,000.
See this recipe for 10,000 Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Can you imagine making that many??


We finished up the day going back down-town and walking around.
Then we decided to go to a different area of the beach
and walk before going back downtown again for dinner.
Can you tell that downtown historic Charleston was our favorite place?



 


No comments: