I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cilantro Chicken

I remember when I first moved here.  I ate a lot of chicken. 
At that time chicken was super cheap.

This has to be another favorite recipe of mine....
Cilantro Chicken.

It is supposed to be grilled but you can bake it in the oven on a wire rack. 
I don't remember how long I cooked it in the oven. 
Maybe 350 degrees for 40-45 mintutes?

Cilantro Chicken
2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless thighs or I do 5-6 small chicken breasts
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
swee chili sauce to baste at the end.

1.  Place chicken in a large zip baggie
2.  Place olive oil, garlic, cilantro in a blender or food prcessor.  Process until the mixture is combined and smooth.  Scoop the marinade into the bag with the chicken, press the air out of the bag and zip it closed.  Knead the marinade into the chicken until it is evenly distributed.  Marinate overnight or all day long.
3.  Cook the chicken until done.
4.  At the very end baste the chicken with the sweet chil sauce and cook a few minutes more. 

I do mine in the oven and turn it on low broil at the end to make the sauce cook a little on the chicken.  Yum!

No comments: