I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Comforting Chicken

I love it when you can look at a recipe and just know that it will be a keeper!  The flavors in this recipe post are absolutely perfect together!  Comforting Chicken.  It is what it says! 

I did have a couple minor things I changed on it though:

1.  I used all ready cooked chicken from a previous time and it still turn out great!
2.  Add a little extra water to the mixture so the rice will cook all the way through.  I used brown rice and it needs a little more to cook thoroughly.

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1 cup water {add maybe an extra 1/4 or 1/3 cup?}
  • 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika

Directions

  1. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter. Add chicken, onion and green pepper; cook and stir until the chicken is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a lightly greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until the rice is tender.

No comments: