I want to serve the Lord by what I do and say. By sharing my life with you, I hope that in some way I can point you to a better relationship with Christ.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Faithfulness

I have struggled this week with the unfaithfulness of others.  It made me angry to see how people can volunteer to do something and then never show up and follow through with what they committed to do.  It made me sick. 

Then God showed me this morning this quote,
"It costs to be faithful. It cost Abraham the yielding up of his only son. It cost Esther to risk her own life. It cost Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego being put into a fiery furnace. It cost Stephen death by stoning. It cost Paul his life. Does it cost you anything to be faithful to your Lord and King?"
My focus was on the unfaithfulness of others instead on my faithfulness.  It made me realize that even though I am faithful to do more then what is asked....  it is the above and beyond that God wants us to be faithful in, and to have a good attitude about it.
If God has allowed you to do something for Him, don't be surprised when he wants you to do more.  Rejoice and be glad that he has allowed you to do it too.  I believe I have some confessing to do.
If you are not sacrificing to do something for God, then it's time to stop and see if you are being faithful to him at all.

No comments: